Monday, December 19, 2011

Worry Action Step #2 – Pray About Your Worries


As I grab a cup of coffee and find a quiet corner to let God know what is on my heart, won’t you join me? Talk to Him about what is on your schedule and ask Him to give you wisdom and peace as you face today’s challenges and choices.
Psalm 25: 17-21 basically says… the troubles of my heart have multiplied; Lord free me from my anguish.
Releasing my worries... to Him doesn’t mean that I can sit back and watch as the day unfolds. I still need to jump in and take action, but it does allow me to act productively and proactively instead of being weighed down by fear of the unknown and reacting to what happens. David spent much time releasing His worries to God, and certainly he had much to worry about as Saul chased him. Many of the Psalms reveal David unburdening his heart before God.
For all of you out there with connections to law enforcement and the military, you may be relating to a lot of the feelings that David had as Saul hunted him down. David had not done any wrong to Saul, yet jealousy and bitterness had so invaded Saul’s mind he was consumed. David surrounded himself with friends and sought God’s lead and defense.

Psalm 5 1 Listen to my words, LORD,
consider my lament.
2 Hear my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
3 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly.
4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
with you, evil people are not welcome.
5 The arrogant cannot stand
in your presence.
You hate all who do wrong;
6 you destroy those who tell lies.
The bloodthirsty and deceitful
you, LORD, detest.
7 But I, by your great love,
can come into your house;
in reverence I bow down
toward your holy temple.
8 Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies—
make your way straight before me.
9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;
their heart is filled with malice.
Their throat is an open grave;
with their tongues they tell lies.
10 Declare them guilty, O God!
Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
for they have rebelled against you.
11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
12 Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Today I challenge you step out like David, lay your worries at God’s feet and continue on the path before you. Don’t let worry and fear consume or paralyze you. In our world today, there is much to worry about, yet each new day is a gift from God. How we choose to spend today… what we do with the precious time that we’ve been given… reflects our appreciation (or lack of appreciation) for these gifts. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I value your opinion, positive or negative; however, in order to keep the dialog clean and respectful, I have activated comment moderation. Your comment will be posted pending review by our moderator for offensive language or hate speak. Thank you and God bless!