Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rag Doll


I have this vision of Jesus holding my hand and dragging me along… like a toddler holds onto a rag doll and drags them along even when they’re practically worn out... of him squeezing me tight when things aren't going right. I feel like I’m bumped and battered, looking worse for the wear with a few spots, many tears and abundant snags...  but somehow He still loves me.


I find it totally amazing that He can look past all of the wear and tear, and just love me for who I am... but then I see a small child with a worn out blankey, doll or favorite toy. I see my MaryAnn doll with matted hair and one eye that won't stay open, my husband's old 1/2 bald Ted, my daughter's rag of a blanket, my mom's music box that's dented and missing one leg... to anyone else they may look like junk, but to their owners every dent, rip and bald spot is a symbol of love. I think that's how Jesus see's my scars, failures and faults. Instead of blemishes or ugly stains, His grace shines over and through them. He loves me in spite of all this... because of my willingness to have faith and surrender them.

I guess I'll just be content to be Jesus' MaryAnn...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I value your opinion, positive or negative; however, in order to keep the dialog clean and respectful, I have activated comment moderation. Your comment will be posted pending review by our moderator for offensive language or hate speak. Thank you and God bless!