Monday, June 27, 2011

Reflections and Mysteries (1)

One mom prepares for her daughter's wedding while another mom prepares for her son's funeral... joined by a common thread, lives intertwined, memories tangled and emotions run full circle in dizzying exhaustion...
This is the picture of our world this week. My heart breaks for my daughter's pain and for the pain of a family in mourning. At the same time, I am excited and proud of my daughter and new son-in-law as they begin a new part of their lives together and prepare for their future. I go from tears of grief to tears of joy and go through the day in numbness. So many things that people around me seem to be concerned with seem so trivial against this backdrop... yet they are important to them.
For a moment I reflect on the miracle that brought us to this point... the miracle that my husband is here to walk our daughter down the aisle in light of two almost fatal motorcycle accidents. Then my mind moves to the motorcycle accident that just took the life of her friend.
Life is so fragile. How our lives inter tangle and how much time any of us has is a mystery. I am so thankful that God knows the answers to all of my questions and that His love is ever faithful.
As I pray for peace for Austin's family and friends, I pray for my daughter and her new husband and I ask God to reveal His grace.

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely a bittersweet week for your family, Heidi.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I value your opinion, positive or negative; however, in order to keep the dialog clean and respectful, I have activated comment moderation. Your comment will be posted pending review by our moderator for offensive language or hate speak. Thank you and God bless!