Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Heart is Breaking

My heart breaks for the lives that have been lost in Philadelphia and in other so-called "clinics" around the world. As details are aired on the news, I am deeply saddened that this goes on in our world, and even more saddened that abortion is defended in so many circles. How can it be? I don't understand it. My prayers go out to those who would have been mothers as the pain of their choice tugs at their hearts.

As we set our sites on God's direction and vision for 2011 at LaVie Earlly Pregnancy Clinic, I am more determined than ever that our services are needed. We must be a voice for those who do not yet have a voice. We must be a safe place for women who are scared and facing what is likely the biggest decision of their life.We must offer hope, acceptance, confidentiality, encouragement and God's love to every woman who walks through our doors... and we must have our doors open!

I am thankful for the clinic that stated out as the Billings Crisis Pregnancy Center 20 years ago. I am thankful that God has blessed our ministry and allowed us to grow to meet the needs of so many little ones and their moms... and many dads too. I am thankful that we are able to offer ultrasound at two locations in Billings. I am thankful for our staff and volunteers, and I am thankful for the women who come through our doors and choose life. I am thankful for our partners in ministry... for those who trust us to use their resources to reach those who need us.

Life... it's a beautiful choice!

2 comments:

  1. David Platt had a good quote on his fb page today: "Christ died that we might live. This is the opposite of abortion. Abortion kills that someone might live differently."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lindsay, that is such a profound thought... pretty much sums it up... Christ's love and grace above our selfishness. No matter the sin, this is what it comes down to isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I value your opinion, positive or negative; however, in order to keep the dialog clean and respectful, I have activated comment moderation. Your comment will be posted pending review by our moderator for offensive language or hate speak. Thank you and God bless!